Cookie Test Page
The above line will indicate whether you have
cookies enabled or disabled in your browser.
If they are disabled then you will not be able to login. This problem can be
by following the instructions in the section below.
The above test only checks your browser. If you still have a problem then
check the following:
- Cookies can be blocked by a firewall. If you have Norton Personal Firewall or ZoneAlarm
you should check the cookie settings on these.
- Cookies won't function correctly if the date time on your computer is not
set correctly. This
can be fixed as described below.
Fixing the computers date time setting
To verify that your Date/Time setting is set to the correct date:
- Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
- Double-click Date/Time.
- A dialog appears - ensure that the year, month, day and time are
correct then click OK.
Enabling Cookies in your Browser
You can enable cookies as per the following instructions for whichever browser you have.
If the above test indicates that cookies are enabled and you are still unable to
then you should email supthen you should email support with the IP address listed on the login failure
Instructions for Internet Explorer 7, 8
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu. The Internet Options dialog opens.vacy tab and click on it.
- You should either see a slider or the word
custom (if you see the word custom, follow the instructions for advanced
- By default, this shoulBy default, this should be set to medium, if it is all the way at the top, move
it down until the word medium is displayed, as this is the highest level which
will allow the cookie Click OK, close all your open IE8 windows, and restart
Instructions for advanced Usersollowed steps 4-5 above, do so now. Click the Advanced... button.
- Check Override automatic cookie handling and select Accept under both "First party Cookies" and
"Third party Cookies." Also, Check "Always allow session cookies."
- Click OK out of internet options - close all your open IE6 windows, and restart IEClick OK out of
internet options - close all your open IE8 windows, and restart
Instructions for enabling cookies in Google Chrome
- Click on the Spanner icon on the toolbar located at the top right
- The "Google chrome options" dialog appears - click on "Under the Hood"
- Make sure that "Allow local data" is selected
Instructions for enabling cookies in FireFox 3
- Click the Tools menu
- Select Options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Check "Accept cookies from sites"